"The Friesian is believed to be able to trace its ancestry all the way back to the Ice Age. It was developed as a work horse early on, but during the Middle Ages it became popular as a war horse. Seeming contradictory it is also a popular and good family horse, thanks to its suitable disposition." - Star Stable: The Spring Rider
"The Friesian Horse descends from an ancient bloodline that is thought to stretch all the way back to the ice age. The breed developed as a workhorse but became popular as a warhorse in the Middle Ages. Today the Friesian Horse is a popular and well-loved family horse with a great personality." - Star Stable Online
Star Stable Edit
A Friesian is available in Star Stable: The Spring Rider, at Bayride Stables. It comes in one color, Black.
Star Stable OnlineEdit
The 3 new models with new animations were released on July 6, 2016.
Old Models Edit
There are three different Friesian horses of the old model, all in varying shades of black. They can all be found at the horse market, for 790 Star Coins.
- Metallic Black
New Models Edit
The new model Friesians are 990 star coins and can be bought at Steve's Farm.
- Smokey Black
- The Friesian gets it's name from the province of Friesland (also known as Frisia) in the Netherlands, where the breed originated.
- Friesians have extremely strict breed regulations and as such, they do not come in any other colour except black with minor exceptions for markings (such as a small star on the forehead, but this is undesirable and actively discouraged form being bred into lines). Any other colors can only be found in Friesian Sport Horses, Friesian crosses and part-breeds.
- In some extremely rare instances, chestnuts can be registered into American registries (provided lineage can be traced back to a qualified stallion) though this is undesirable, is actively discouraged from being bred into pure lines, and is usually a result of heavy inbreeding due to such a small gene pool.
- Friesians were the first horses to be given a new model and new animations in SSO.
- The Friesian from Star Stable: The Spring Rider, shares it's model with the Mustang from Star Stable: The Summer Rider.